Wynns Coonawarra Estate is the Coonawarra region’s most recognised wine producer with substantial vineyard land on classic terra rossa soils. The distinct gabled winery built in 1896 by John Riddoch, the founder of the Coonawarra Fruit Colony was once known as Chateau Comaum and was briefly home to the rare and wonderful Woodleys Treasure Chest Series wines of the late 1940s and early 1950s. Noted Melbourne based wine merchants Samuel and David Wynn purchased the winery and land in 1951. In the past two decades, Sue Hodder, long term head winemaker together with viticulturalist Allen Jenkins have made a profound impact in overall quality. Alongside their flaghip wines, Wynns has more recently released a number of single vineyard block wines. Produced only in exceptional vintages, these wines offer the optimum expression of individual vineyard sites within Coonawarra.