Bid Now
shopping_cart

MEADOWBANK WINES Riesling, Southern Tasmania 2019

This product is available in {{Prod.RawData.Auctions.length}} auctions
{{Prod.SelectedLot.InAuction.Display}} Lot {{Prod.SelectedLot.LotNumber}}
95 points - JH 95 JH 95 points - GW 95 GW 92 points - HH 92 HH MEADOWBANK WINES Riesling, Southern Tasmania 2019 MEADOWBANK WINES Riesling, Southern Tasmania 2019

MEADOWBANK WINES Riesling, Southern Tasmania 2019

</h2>Meadowbank Wines Riesling, Southern Tasmania</h2> <p>Made From Vines That The Ellis Family Planted In The 1970s In The Derwent Valley Combined With More Recently Planted German Riesling Clones, The Fruit For This Classic Tassie Riesling Was Handpicked And Naturally Fermented With 60% Going Into Stainless Steel And The Remaining 40% Being Fermented In Wood. Both Parcels Were Matured On Their Lees For Three Months Before Blending And Bottling Without Fining And The Result Is A Dry Wine With Superb Texture, Citrus Notes And Refreshing Acidity.</p>
{{Prod.StockCount}} more ways to buy this. Compare options

about this product

Meadowbank Wines Riesling, Southern Tasmania

Made From Vines That The Ellis Family Planted In The 1970s In The Derwent Valley Combined With More Recently Planted German Riesling Clones, The Fruit For This Classic Tassie Riesling Was Handpicked And Naturally Fermented With 60% Going Into Stainless Steel And The Remaining 40% Being Fermented In Wood. Both Parcels Were Matured On Their Lees For Three Months Before Blending And Bottling Without Fining And The Result Is A Dry Wine With Superb Texture, Citrus Notes And Refreshing Acidity.

  • Style: Riesling
  • Vintage: 2019
  • Region: Southern Tasmania
  • Code: MRIE
  • Appellation: Tasmania
  • Country: Australia

Region Southern Tasmania

Cool to cold climate/Elevation 5-55m Tasmania is an island State which is separated from the southeast coast of mainland Australia by Bass Strait. These vineyards are Australia’s most southerly, the first vineyard planted in 1823 near Hobart. The emerging wine industry petered out during the late 1880s due to difficulties with climate and economic pressures. The Tasmanian wine industry re-emerged in the late 1950s with the establishment of Moorilla Estate on the outskirts of Hobart in Tasmania’s south. The vineyards located close to the Derwent Estuary and Coal River near Hobart and planted on a range of sandstone and alluvial soils. They are protected from wind, enjoy long hours of sunshine and maritime influence. The nearby large body of water moderates temperatures during autumn. However, supplementary irrigation is needed because of low rainfall. The Huon Valley is yet to make its mark. Moorilla Estate is perhaps the most important producer. Certainly it is making some very good P
Cool to cold climate/Elevation 5-55m Tasmania is an island State which is separated from the southeast coast of mainland Australia by Bass Strait. These vineyards are Australia’s most southerly, the first vineyard planted in 1823 near Hobart. The emerging wine industry petered out during the late 1880s due to difficulties with climate and economic pressures. The Tasmanian wine industry re-emerged in the late 1950s with the establishment of Moorilla Estate on the outskirts of Hobart in Tasmania’s south. The vineyards located close to the Derwent Estuary and Coal River near Hobart and planted on a range of sandstone and alluvial soils. They are protected from wind, enjoy long hours of sunshine and maritime influence. The nearby large body of water moderates temperatures during autumn. However, supplementary irrigation is needed because of low rainfall. The Huon Valley is yet to make its mark. Moorilla Estate is perhaps the most important producer. Certainly it is making some very good Pinot Noir, Merlot and Riesling. Its Gewurztraminer is highly regarded, too, but none of these wines performs on the secondary market. The small Domaine A, located at Campania near Coal River, is also showing potential for its Pinot Noir and Cabernet. Andrew Caillard MW, Langton's
view more / less

Winery MEADOWBANK WINES

Planted in 1974 at Glenora, near the top end of the Derwent River, Gerald and Sue Ellis purchased Meadowbank in 1976 and have, over the years expanded the vineyard to its present 42ha. And while some good wines were made over the years under the label, most of the fruit was contracted to Accolade with some of it going to Bay of Fires where Peter Dredge was establishing a name for himself as one of Australia’s best young winemakers. Dredge left Accolade in 2015 to both consult and begin his own Dr Edge brand and Gerald Ellis wasted no time seeing if Peter would be interested in both becoming a partner and the winemaker at Meadowbank.  The rest, as they say, is history and the numerous golds and trophies at wines shows around the country are testament to just how good these wines are now.

ABN: 77 159 767 843
© Endeavour Group Limited
ABN: 77 159 767 843. New South Wales: Liquor Act 2007. It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years. License Number: LIQP770010303 Victoria: Victoria Liquor Control Reform Act 1998: It is an offence to supply alcohol to a person under the age of 18 years (Penalty exceeds $19,000), for a person under the age of 18 years to purchase or receive liquor (Penalty exceeds $800). License Number: 32055289