Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I sell my wine with Langton's?
By selling with Langton's you take advantage of:
- Almost 30 years of secondary market knowledge and expertise. We have a proven track record of achieving results for our vendors
- Our team of highly skilled wine experts are here to help you make the most of every sale. Whether you have a single bottle or an entire cellar, you will receive expert and personalised advice every time
- Free, no obligation wine valuations and cellar appraisals
- Competitive commissions
- Up-to-the minute sales results data, analysis and commentary to help you make the most informed decisions
- Access to an online account that allows you to manage all aspects of the selling process
How do I sell my wine with Langton's?
Selling your wine with Langton's is easy. Our team of highly skilled wine experts is on hand to help with wine valuations, cellar appraisals and advice on getting the most out of the sale of your wines. Getting started is easy, fill in the consignment form or call 1300 946 347 or email email@example.com
Where do I sell my wine?
Your wine will be sold through our weekly online auctions.
All wine sold through Langton's is held in our temperature controlled warehouse facility in Hoppers Crossing, VIC, where all items are inspected, catalogued and photographed. You will be notified via email when your items are ready to be listed at auction and prompted to set reserves.
How much does it cost to sell my wine with Langton's?
We don't charge anything unless your wine sells upon which a seller's commission is charged. Your wine will also be stored free of charge in our temperature controlled warehouse until it is sold. If your wine is passed in seven times, we will not continue to list it for auction and will contact you to make arrangements for your wines to be returned to you at your cost. If no action is taken within 14 days, storage charges of $1 a bottle per month, payable one month in advance will apply to all unsold wine.
How do I get my wine to Langton's?
You can now drop your wine off to an expanding network of Dan Murphy’s Stores. Currently these include:
- Cnr York and Bathurst Streets, LAUNCESTON TAS 7250
- Cnr of Hindmarsh Drive and Botany Street in the Phillip Marketplace Shops, PHILLIP ACT 2606
- 279-283 Condamine Street, MANLY VALE NSW 2093
- Cnr Kiaora Road & Kiaora Lane, DOUBLE BAY NSW 2028
- 479 Nepean Highway, EAST BRIGHTON VIC 3186
- 789 Heidelberg Road, ALPHINGTON VIC 3078
- 378 Canning Highway, BICTON WA 6157
- 537 Portrush Road, GLENUNGA SA 5064
- Cnr Kingsford Smith Drive & Racescourse Road, HAMILTON QLD 4007
- Hindmarsh and Athllon Drives, PHILLIP ACT 2606
Please arrange drop off with our auctions team beforehand.
Wine suitable for sale can be dropped off to our Sydney and Melbourne hubs by appointment only.
Depending on the size and value of your consignment, we offer a Complimentary Courier Service, where we arrange to have your wine collected from your preferred location (within Australia) and delivered directly to our Warehouse.
To drop off your wine or enquire about our complimentary collection service please call 1300 946 347 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.
What is Vendor Credit?
Vendor credit refers to the funds from the successful sale of your auction items. Vendor credit is paid out every fortnight or can be applied to purchases at auction or through our online store made prior to being paid out.
How and when will I get paid for my sold items?
Vendors are remitted into your nominated bank account within a maximum of 30 days from close of auction. Account details can be set/adjusted in the My Settings area of your customer account.